Do you fancy writing some code this DEFCON and make something productive? We make sure that the concentration music plays on, energy drinks flow while you compete for solving some interesting problems using Recon/OSINT. We are sure the Hacker environment at DEFCON helps in such challenges and that’s the reason we are hosting a HACKATHON this year at DEFCON 26 Vegas. Believe us, we can’t be more excited.
With this HACKATHON, we strive to achieve multiple objectives at the same time. You and your team distil a visionary concept down to an actionable solution. You get a sense of achievement. You meet like minded people. Community goes bigger with your contribution. Everybody Wins.
Are you game? Go Register now.
Find below more information about the same.
- When: 10th August to 12th August 10:AM
- Tool/Product Showcase: 12th August 10:00 AM to 10:50 AM
- Prize Distribution: 12th August, 12:25 PM
1. In order to participate, you have fill in the Hackathon Registration Form Online. There will be NO ONSITE REGISTRATION.
2. You can register as an individual or a team with no more than 3 people in a team.
3. You will have to make the product/tool during the event. Tools have to be related to Reconnassaince / OSINT. However specific theme on which these tools/products can be made, will be announced on 10th August 2018.
4. By the end of 11th August, team(s) will have to share the progress of their tool/product. Based on that, top 10 teams will be invited to showcase their tool during the Showcase Hours - 10:00 AM to 10:50 PM, 12th August.
5. Each of these top 10 Team gets 10 minutes to showcase their work. Our jury members will select the winning teams.
6. Winners cannot be the employees of the organizations sponsoring the HACKATHON.
7. Tools / Products developed during Hack-A-Thon will have to be Open Source in order to be eligible. Team(s) will have to push the code to Github before showcasing.
8. If you don’t want to put it on your Github Account, you can put it under ReconVillage’s 2018 HACKATHON Github Account. In any case you can use RV HACKATHON Badge on your Github repo.
9. Participants have to be available in Person during the Showcase Hours - 10:00 AM to 10:50 PM, 12th August at DEFCON 26 - Recon Village, Florentine II Room.
10. Winners Announcement and Prize Distribution will take place at 12:25 PM - 12th August in Florentine II Room.
11. Teams will have to bring in their own laptops. Recon Village will not be able to provide you laptops. We will provide power strips but you will have to bring power converters (if required).
|Hackathon Team Registration Open||29th May, 2018|
|Hackathon Team Registration Closes||TBA|
|Hackathon Dates||10th August to 12th August|
|Winners Announcement||12th August|